Wednesday 21 May 2014

First things out of the way

Last Sunday we had a cleaning day. We didn't really get everything sorted out, but at least we got some things on the walls at last. We moved to this flat in the beginning of February? March? (can't even remember), so it's still a work in "where-do-all-these-things-go" progress. This flat is 9 m^2 smaller than our previous flat, but differently organized, so we have a lot of stuff on our kitchen table that don't seem to fit anywhere, but also empty kitchen cupboards, which is really weird.

First object is a 80 cm GRUNDTAL rail  from IKEA with some hooks and two "flatware caddies" that act as flower/herb pots (there's a grate(?) at the bottom so extra water will go there, perfect!). I had to install some photo filter editor to my laptop because my phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini) has mind bogglingly bad camera. So you get these fancy-artsy-fashionable pictures! You being my imaginary readers. Notice the row of Converse shoes. Shoes are expensive here, so when they were on sale, I just had to get 2 new pairs besides my blue and pink ones. The pink ones are the oldest and the rubber toe part has a crack, the blue ones are quite new but I spilled some sodium hypochloride on them at work, the first day I was wearing them at work IIRC. So there's one bleached spot. I think that coats will hang there after summer.


Second object is a bathroom sign I ordered from somnambulant in Etsy. It took 4 weeks and a couple of days on top of that to arrive (I was already thinking of contacting the seller, and also checking the mail at our old apartment, but thankfully it came). This flat isn't the most perfect option for this sign (due to how all the doors work at the entrance), but maybe in the future it will shine even more. It's at the inside-side rather than the outside-side of the door, because our cats' litterbox is in the bathroom as well, so we always have to keep the door open (if no one's using the toilet).

Third one is a poster I ordered from Allposters.fi. It cost around 3-4 euros and the frame is from IKEA (RIBBA) and cost 20-25 euros. I had to cut the poster with a scalpel to fit the frame (also did that for another DalĂ­ poster and I have one more expensive one waiting for treatment). Hooray for non-standard measurements, or maybe rather the lack of US standard sized frames in Europe. Well, I still like the poster on top of the toilet seat! Although there's now a hole in the tiles and I'm not sure how that will work out when we move out...

From the picture above you can get a glimpse of object number 4, a key rack. I designed it for our old flat! The paper print I got somewhere online... might have been Paperella.fi. I got the hooks from a hardware store and also some sort of sprayed adhesive to attach it to the wooden frame that my boyfriend made at work. The only problem is that it used to be attached to a coat closet's side through the closet wall, and it doesn't have a proper attachment mechanism for hanging on a nail/screw on the wall. So currently it falls on the floor quite easily. I love steampunk things, though I haven't done any research on the subject. 



No comments:

Post a Comment